Alyson W.'s Personalized URN Q&A's
What does the price include?
- A consultation with client (if needed) over photos to use for an urn
- Pre-Production Rendering - A pre-production artistic rendering is a coloured sketch of what their work of art will look like on paper. Often times, it includes glaze colour chips to assist in colour should specific colours be requested for design or pet coat markings. I do not offer works of art without a pre-production rendering for approval. Once I have approval, I will begin the process of making your original work of art memorializing your pets life. Renderings take 1-2 weeks.
- Sealing Glue, Shipping & Handling from Oregon
What is the turnaround time?
- Pre - Production Rendering: 1-2 weeks
- Final Piece: Final Piece delivery is 3-4 weeks
- Pre - Production Rendering: 2-3 weeks
- Final Piece: Final Piece delivery is 4-6 weeks
How do I choose what urn size?
From my experience with clients, some choose based on the live weight of the pet and what the pets remains will fit in and others choose based on the shape they like best. It’s up to you!
- 4” Box Urn - holds up to 45 lbs
- 5“ Box Urn - holds up to 90 lbs
- Heart Vase Urn - holds up to 85 lbs • Heart Box Urn - holds up to 25 lbs
- Figurine Urn - holds up to 60 lbs
- Apothecary Urn - holds up to 125 lbs
Do you personalize?
Just like your pet, each urn is uniquely personalized with the breed (or mutt) of your choice, name and time on earth. Each piece is created and signed by artist Alyson Whitney.
What if I want to add something new or change my pre-production artistic rendering?
After the first rendering has been submitted, you can add or change something for an additional cost.
How do I send you my photos for personalization?
After purchasing, please send 2-3 Hi-Res photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with Order Number or Customer Name and Pet and any other notes or requests.
Will the piece I order look exactly like the approved rendering?
Similar but not exact. There are always minor variations in colour and design. These variations are the hallmark of original works of art. I would like to point out that the colour in the renderings, using markers, may vary from the ceramic glazes I use as well as not all computer monitors are calibrated to the same standard, so the product you receive may vary slightly in colour from the photo on your monitor.
I would also like to mention, a rendering would include glaze colour chips to assist should specific colours be requested for design or pet coat markings. I do not offer original works of art without a rendering for approval.
Do you offer Original, One of a Kind Urns?
We do indeed! In fact, its my #1 Seller!!
I strongly encourage working with your client one on one when starting the creative process. Original works start at $500.00. Pricing is based on level of detail, difficulty, materials and client requests. When I provide you with a pre-production artistic rendering I include the total cost to create the original work of art.
Cancellations, Returns, Exchanges?
- Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
- I do not accept returns or exchanges due to the custom nature of the product
My piece was damaged in shipping, what do I do?
Each piece is packed carefully and correctly utilizing a detailed quality control check method before they leave my studio. Please keep all shipping cartons and packing material for carrier inspection. Call or email me so I can report the damaged piece and file a claim within 2 working days of receiving receipt. Should anything be altered or thrown out the chances of a refund from the carrier are slim as well as the opportunity for me to replace the piece. While replacing a piece means making a new one - additional production time may be required. Please note: I do not provide a refund but I will be happy to provide a replacement piece as long as the shipping carrier has approved the claim.